Thursday, August 25, 2011

Front Page - and bigger than the Earthquake!


I was so excited to remember that our article by Angelle Barabzon might be in the Warren Sentinel today.  I was a little worried that we would be bumped by the earthquake - but apparently we are bigger than the earthquake.  I asked Tim to run out and check and see if the article was in paper and if it was than to please get 10 copies so that our families can all have a copy.  I think he was relieved that there wasn't a totally embarrassing picture in the paper.  Kyle was more excited that his bus schedule was in there than the fact that he and his brothers were on the front page.

Angelle did a great job on the article and my friends who called in happened to make me sound great.  I can't decide how I feel reading about myself and thinking that I actually sound better on paper.  

One of our MOMS Club member's mother's is the property manager at the Shenandoah Commons apartments where a building was flooded so hopefully we will learn more how to help them out.  We used to live in the same apartments in Woodbridge and our neighbors had a fire and we all had to evacuate and all I could think of was the fact that we didn't have renter's insurance.  I can't imagine having to leave my apartment and not knowing how I was going to replace things.  I have a stash of baby things in the basement and we have extra bedding too.  I think it would be easy to get a collection of towels, clothes, etc. to help out anyone who needs it.  

Don't forget to pick up a copy of The Warren Sentinel today!  You can get your child's bus schedule in the back of the sports section!

No comments:

Post a Comment